Winter Mentor is a mentor matching programme for everyone who works in IT.
Developers, designers, testers, product owners, agile coaches, security engineers, ops, tech managers, tech executives…
You can sign up as either a mentor, or someone looking for a mentor—we call them proteges.
Let's get started
Meet up, online matching, then six fortnightly mentoring sessions
First-time mentors get plenty of support! We give you tips by email before each session with topics you might want to discuss, but they're just a guideline.
Winter Mentor is volunteer-run and completely free.
Be a good person
We have a Code of Conduct that we ask every mentor and protege to model while interacting with anyone in this programme.
How it works
- Join an open cohort and get your profile approved.
- Browse and bookmark the profiles of your cohort.
- Come to the meet up for a structured chat with all your potential mentors/proteges.
- Confidentially rank your potential mentors/proteges in order of preference.
- The system magically matches proteges to mentors.
- Arrange your six mentoring sessions at times that suit.